Has this week felt like the longest ever for anyone else? Perhaps it was Halloween being on Tuesday and then waking up and realizing it wasn’t the weekend yet. Or maybe it’s just because both Paul and Taylor have been sick and time means nothing in our house anymore. I’m crossing my fingers that both of my boys are on the mend and that we can all manage to stay healthy!
Now, for the fun stuff! Sometimes I like dusting off this ol’ space and pretending like I’ve got my ish together enough to document our lives and share some fun things I’ve seen or done throughout the week. It might be another bazillion weeks before I do another one of these, but it’s the thought that counts, right?
1. Halloween! I tend to go towards the easy DIY costumes right now since I know toddlers are known for refusing to wear their chosen outfits. Last year we went with the Harry Potter theme and dressed Paul up as Dobby the elf. I really wanted to continue that but even with Paul’s blonde hair, just couldn’t bring myself to make a Draco/Slytherin robe. Then I had the idea to make a fun cardboard airplane for Paul to run around in. After an hour and a half of slicing and dicing a perfectly good box, I gave up and threw it in the trash. Once Taylor got home from work, we rounded up some “this could work” pieces, snagged an old name tag from Taylor’s Air Force days, and grabbed our trusty ride-on airplane for some pictures. Paul had a blast not cooperating for photos and being outside for the first time in a couple of days (dumb ear infections!). It would have been fun to participate in his first Halloween, but at least we can pretend with the pictures!
2. I can’t believe it, but I’m currently 18 weeks into this pregnancy! I’m at that point where none of my old clothes fit, but maternity anything is still a little baggy. I’m no fashionista when things do fit correctly so pregnancy tends to make me feel a bit frumpy or lumpy. I broke down and ordered a couple of pieces like some actual maternity leggings (50% off!!) that my sister in law loved and some cozy sweaters. Last time I was pregnant, I swore up and down I wouldn’t do another winter pregnancy because pants are just the actual worst and welp, best laid plans and such.
3. Speaking of pregnancy! I knew this would happen with a second baby, but I’ve been terrible at documenting. I guess it works out, because shortly after Paul was born, I actually lost like 6 months of photos from my phone after it crashed. It ended up mostly being pregnancy pics so I’ve only got a couple of my belly last time around. I have no idea whether there are any size similarities or not this time around. I did already purchase No. 2’s baby book so I’m feeling good that it will have at least something from its childhood. Also, praise hands for my new OB actually printing out sonogram pics. Let’s just praise hands in general for having an awesome OB this time around.
3. Are you pro or anti Christmas talk before Thanksgiving? I think I fall somewhere in the middle. I love Thanksgiving, but it is fun to get in the holiday spirit. We don’t have cable but if we did, I would most certainly have the Hallmark channel christmas movies on nonstop. Do you have any holiday traditions? This will be our first year celebrating in our own home so I’m thinking about starting a couple. Perhaps homemade cinnamon rolls and a santa cookie plate? We’ll be taking some family photos with my in-laws at thanksgiving this year and I may have already ordered Paul some Christmas jammies. Maybe even 3 pairs. It’s fine, right?
4. Currently reading: Brene Brown’s Braving the Wilderness and Donald Miller’s Building a Story Brand. I’ve been terrible this year about reading! I’ve listened to a few audio books here and there but want to get better about setting time aside to crack open a book every now and then. I might even *gasp* skip this upcoming season of the Bachelor and use that time for reading instead.
5. I wish I had a No. 5 because that feels like a nice number to end things on, but I’m tapped out. Cheers to a great weekend and I’ll hopefully see you around here in another 37 weeks. (jk, 82).