If you’re wondering why there isn’t a Friday 45, it’s because last week ended up in a smoking hole and I would just prefer we pretend it doesn’t exist. mmmk?
A few updates from my last post:
These leggings came in and I love them! (wearing them as we speak) I’m not sure about how much support they have, but I do love that they don’t have a waistband and a separate belly panel because waistbands tend to make my c-section scar tender after a full day of wear. If I ordered them again (and I might since they’re half off!) I would probably just get the postpartum ones.
I just finished listening to the audio version of Brene Brown’s book Braving the Wilderness and I 100% recommend it for everyone. Do yourself a favor and buy the hard copy because you will want to highlight, make notes, and bookmark pages throughout the entire thing. I’ve always been a huge fan of Brene’s work, but this might be my most favorite of her work to date. It put a voice to a lot of the feelings I’ve had concerning the current state of affairs in our world and I’m grateful for a new perspective.
Now for this week!
1. We found out on Monday that we are expecting another BOY in the spring. My official due date is April 3rd, but I’m preparing myself mentally for another March baby. At some point, we’ll probably just start throwing one giant party in March to celebrate all of the birthdays and our Anniversary. We’re either really good at planning these things or really dumb.
2. I can’t believe my last post was discussing Halloween and now I’m about to discuss Thanksgiving travel plans! I am only a few days away from getting my hands on my sweet nephew’s cheeks and I can barely contain myself. We bought the boys matching pjs for some family pics and it’s going to be magical. (disclaimer: I’m predicting the matching will be more magical than the behavior of my toddler)
3. Have you purchased Taylor Swift’s new album? How do we feel about it? I haven’t pulled the trigger just yet because I really want to stream it first before I commit. Does that make me fiscally responsible or just annoyingly noncommittal?
4. You may be wondering what happened last week that was so …shall we say…eventful. On Wednesday, when I picked Paul up from the MOPs nursery, I noticed he had a few red bumps on his neck. I thought it might be the fabric of his new shirt so when we got home, I took it off before his nap. Well. The few bumps turned into a bazillion almost before my eyes so I ran him up to our local walk-in clinic. In the 45 minutes it took for me to notice the bumps and when were seen, the poor kid was covered in hives. Thankfully he didn’t notice them, and after a dose of Benadryl and a steroid, he quickly improved. We determined he’d had a reaction to the antibiotic he had been taking for that Halloween ear infection. No big deal. Then on Thursday, he only slept a few minutes during his nap and when he woke up, he refused to put any weight on his legs and was in a pretty terrible mood. His poor knees had swollen up and were on fire so we took him back in and they ran a few tests to rule out crazy things like bone infections. By this time, his entire body had been covered in another rash that looked a bit different from the hives the day before. We followed up with his pediatrician the next morning (we heart her so much for putting up with us!) and he was m.i.s.e.r.a.b.l.e. from the itching. Thankfully (?) it was nothing serious and just part of the allergic reaction to the antibiotic. He got another round of meds to get everything back under control and has been slowly improving since. The steroid he’s on makes him eat like a teenager and life feels really unfair for him sometimes but I know he’ll be back to normal soon. P.S. you’re welcome for sparing you the photos.
5. On a lighter note! My sweet friend Lauren just listed her holiday wreath signs. I’m agonizing over which one to get but I’m thinking either this one or this one. Also, are these KC ornaments adorable or what?